Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Bubble Boy of Summer

This layout is another summer one. Can you tell that I am so, so, so ready for the warn weather. Shorts, Flip-Flops and Lazy days by the Pool can not came soon enough. But enough about my Summer Envy. This Picture was taken by me in July of 2002, I came out of the room and my brother was standing there blowing bubbles...Have you ever seen something and just know that it is a moment you need to capture on film?? Still to this day it is one of my favorite Jacob Pictures (That and the one from Splish Splash which I will be photographing in the coming week...hopefully)



I am not big on the big Anchor trend...while I do think it is a versatile shape I can not for the life of me put it on a page that is not about the beach or boating, even swimming would do but I thought it worked well here. (of course this is a beach photo).


The Good Ol' Cabana Inn. That place was like a second home to us in the summer...Oh, how I miss the beach!!


The Squirrel and Cheese story will have to wait for another day I'm sorry to say. Again I did my journaling on Vellum because I am just terrified to destroy my pages with a spelling error. I think I need to work on that.

As for the Materials: The background paper is an older October Afternoon Paper, the Yellow Wood-grain is an Amy Tangerine and the Orange Paper and White Tile Letters are both from Echo Park Paper Co. This and That. The Thickers were given to me so I don't know exactly who they are from, and of course the Today and Anchor are both from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Line.

That is all from me tonight but Chloe wishes you all a Great Week!!!
That is her Have a Great Week Face!!!


3 comments:

  1. What a cute doggie! I love the LO, especially the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree! :) and I long sooo for summer and the beach, too! at the moment, it's raining here...again.

    I'd like to ask you sth, you wrote on the 2peas board, that you use the system of Marcy Tiara for storing stamps...What is this system excatly or where can I find a link where it's explained? That would be really helpful, as I'm still trying to figure out a system that works for me. At the moment, all of my stamps are in 2 boxes...and I keep forgetting all about which I have etc...big chaos^^'

    best wishes
    penny lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending Sunshine your way, it just stopped raining here!

      As for the Stamp storage Mercy stores them on large sheets of transparencies. You can find the tutorial here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUExNxPg7t0 If you dont have tons of stamps you could cut apart your Current stamp sheets and arrange them on the paper. I hope this helps you. I absolutely love being able to see them all (minus the alphabets b/c I know I have them) in front of me when I do a page!

      Delete

Leave me a comment. I Look foward to hearing from you.
~Ashley Crafty~