Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Summer Time...And the Living is Easy!!

Summer Time and the living is easy....or so it was in August of 1997 when the photo for this layout was taken. I loved these two photos as they epitomized summer growing up for me. We had been in the "new" house for a little over a year and me and my brother had a brand new trampoline!!

When I saw these two photos, one a 4x6 and the other a 4x10 panoramic shot, I knew they had to go on a page together. I don't normally "do" multi-photo layouts but I gave it my best!!

 
I had to cut the panoramic photo down a bit to make it fit. I was 12 my brother was 7 and these days in the backyard on the trampoline with the sprinkler aimed at us are still some of the fondest memories I have of summer. 

I used Studio Calico Sundrifter. I have never paid much attention to Studio Calico papers but both Sundrifter and Snippets really caught my eye this time. 


This was my first time playing around with the wood veneers and Mistable Thickers. I colored the Thickers and wood veneers with the same mists I used on the background. The colors are the Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Peach and Studio Calicos Mister Hueys in Splash.


I also used the Snippets Flair-Be Happy and the arrows are from the Sundrifter line. I did learn on thing in the process of this layout and that was that you really have to let the mists sit on the wood veneers in order to achieve a bright color. 

Do you have any childhood photos that really speak to the memories of a given time or season? Have you taken any photos lately that epitomize what you feel about a Season? Are you a new fan of Studio Calico or any other manufacturer that you didn't pay any attention to before? Let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I Look foward to hearing from you.
~Ashley Crafty~